Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 05 - Top 10 Pet Peeves

1. When people chew with their mouth open. I don't need to see your food as you eat it. It's disgusting. I hate the noise it makes and it makes me not want to eat with you ever.

2. Related to number 1. Gum chewers. If you wanna chew gum, that's fine. Just keep your mouth closed. And for heaven sakes, DON'T POP IT! I can't think of anything more annoying than listening to people pop their gum in their mouth repeatedly. Cut it out.

3. Being late. I hate being late. I try to be as on-time as possible. When I'm expecting something or someone at a certain time and it doesn't happen, I get really annoyed.

4. Flakey people. I absolutely hate it when I have plans with someone and they either don't show up, or flake out at the last minute. It makes me feel like I'm not important.

5. Messy-ness. I hate being cluttered or messy. Dishes in the sink annoy me to no end. When I have a clean house, I feel so much more at peace.

6. Being ignored. I hate when I'm trying to talk to someone and they won't stop what they're doing to talk to me. Or when I ask a question and wait like 30 seconds for a response. Lame.

7. Cussing. I understand that most people don't have the same views I do about cursing. However, it really bothers me when people can't speak without using some expletive in every *freaking* (haha) sentence!

8. Close-minded-ness. Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No, you don't have to agree with me, but that doesn't make me a) ignorant b) bigoted or c) stupid. I'm more than happy to listen to you and consider your thoughts if you'll give me the same courtesy.

9. "Photographers". As the wife of a photographer I have very strong feelings about this. My husband went to a world class photography school and has a degree in professional photography. You don't necessarily need to have a degree in photography to be a photographer, but it sure helps! He works really hard and has a real understanding of things like light, exposure, ISO, aperture, FOCUS, etc. It really makes me mad when someone who happens to own a semi-nice camera tries to make a business when they have no idea what they're doing. I'm all about having hobbies, trust me, but I don't think that it should come at the expense of people who are trained in their profession. It makes me so upset to see people pay for less than professional photographers and get less than professional results just because it was a little cheaper. Just because I own a pair of scissors doesn't make me a hair stylist and just because you own a camera does not make you a "professional" photographer.

10. People who sniff when they have nothing to sniff. I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does. If there is no snot in your nose, there is no need to sniff like there is! You can breathe without sniffing quickly!

Ahhh feels good to get that off my chest.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha. i also hate when people sniff. but unforch, i am always late, and im super flakey. ah you hate me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5, #8, and #9 I agree! Heart you!

    ReplyDelete