Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 25 - A place I love and Day 26 - A child I love

I figured I would roll these into one because we spent the 24th of July at my family's cabin in the Ogden Valley. Maren and Kevin invited us to come spend the night Sunday and then we came back yesterday. It's always a fun time up there. Growing up, I would play outside all day with my cousins. We would ride 4-wheelers all over the mountain, play in the dirt, swim in beaver dams, and get really filthy. Bryce didn't have the greatest time, however... We went on a 4-wheeler ride up the mountain, and halfway down a steep hill on our way back, the brakes went out. Luckily, Bryce is a quick thinker and we were able to stop safely, but I definitely let out a really nice scream. He also got chewed out by my great-uncle Joe, fell in the river when he went fishing and busted up his hand, and got eaten by mosquitoes. Poor guy. Hopefully I can convince him to go up there again.

My nephew Shaun is officially a toddler! He has been taking a couple steps here and there, but up at the cabin he was walking all over the place. He's such a cute little stinker. I didn't take any pictures of this trip, but here is a link of his 1-year pictures that Bryce took: http://bryceolsen.blogspot.com/2011/07/shaun-one-year-ogden-ut.html

On the way down from the cabin, we stopped at The Oaks for dinner. We thought it would be funny to give him a lemon wedge and see what happened. The following video is for your enjoyment.

1 comment: