Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Russian Immigrant Rosie

I am a bad friend. On Friday, my dear friend Rosie turned 26. I knew it was her birthday and yet I forgot to call her. Then she called me on Sunday and I STILL forgot to tell her happy birthday. Dearest Rosie, I'm so sorry! Hopefully this post will make up a little for that.

Rosie was my very first roommate at UCSB. We shared a room in our apartment that was so small that it was affectionately named "The Dungeon Room". "The Palace Room" was probably three times the size of the dungeon room, yet Amber, Rosie and I always ended up hanging out in the little room. Rosie has become one of my closest friends. We shared so many things together in the two years we lived together. I wouldn't change those two years for anything. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect roommate. Rosie, I love you!

And now, a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.Our first bonding experience. Rosie took me surfing in the frigid water and then we went for ice cream.

Hike at the top of Lizard's Mouth before my first day of college.

Simply the best Cinderella I've ever seen. Our other roommate Kim made this costume with NO pattern.

What's over there Rosie??

This was a bridesmaid's dress that Amber had to wear. I think it was a size 16. We wanted to see if it could fit both of them and the answer is... yup. I think she should have worn it this way.


Showing off her many talents.

She always has the best Halloween costumes.


Rosie and her husband Jay. I think they had been dating a few months in this picture. Not sure though. They are the cutest married couple you've ever seen.

I had another picture that I really wanted to post that involved a coconut bra, but I don't think that Rosie would approve. Rosie, only because it's your birthday. It's a great picture though. Jay would like it.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA! No Angie, no! I am so happy and so blushing right now. Where did my amazing tan go? Ali, even if you forget my birthday for the rest of my life, I will still love and adore you. Here's to many more silly antics together with you in the future.

    Are Jay and I going for ape faces? What is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before, I'll say it again: WE NEED A ROOMMATE REUNION!!! I miss the three of us all together.

    On a separate note: Rosie! Look at those guns. Wooo ooooh!

    ReplyDelete