Friday, June 11, 2010

Chocolate Carmel Cookies

I've had a lot of time on my hands lately. So this week I decided to bake some delicious cookies. These are seriously so good. I got the recipe out of a homemade cookbook that was given to me at one of my bridal showers. Do yourself a favor and make some of these this week.

Here's the recipe:

1 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 C cocoa
1 C chopped walnuts (optional, I didn't use them)
1 Tbsp sugar
48 rolos

Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Gradually (very gradually, otherwise you will have flour everywhere) add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in 1/2 C Walnuts. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Preheat oven to 375 (I heated mine to 350 because my oven bakes a little hot). Combine remaining nuts with 1 Tbsp sugar (or in my case, just the sugar). Divide dough into 4 parts. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around rolo and roll into a ball. Dip the tops in the sugar mixture. Place sugar side up on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
Kinda a crappy picture but you get the idea. They're even better when they're served warm and the caramel and chocolate are all ooey gooey. Mmmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. yummy yum yum! looks delish... when i get my sweet tooth back i'll have to make some! these remind me of the rolo cookies we like to make :)

    ReplyDelete