Monday, October 4, 2010

Lunch of Champions

This was my lunch today.

Today was one of those days that I would rather sleep an extra 10 minutes than make myself a lunch. Between going to classes, four different rehearsals, and practicing today, this is all I had time to eat. Grad students are busy people, and I would argue that music grad students are among the busiest of all. I have to somehow juggle classes, practicing, rehearsing with different ensembles and pianists, PLUS teaching my own students, going to young women's and church every week, and somewhere in there find time for my husband! It's a crazy life. It's great, and I love being busy, it really makes me appreciate when I do have down time. Usually I don't get home from school until around 8 pm so I'm usually pretty tired by the end of the day. It's good that I actually like this music thing... I'm going to bed now. Another 11 hour day awaits me tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I chuckled heartily Alison when I saw this, HEARTILY. Now that's what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a variation of this, substituting Potato Skins chips, Diet Coke, and a Snickers. *air five*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet you are skinny as a bean pole! Not fair!!!!!

    ReplyDelete