Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jinx

Andy lost the day I made that post. In 5 sets. So sad. Maybe next year.

School is already so crazy busy. I'm in extra rehearsals for a concert of the Rite of Spring by Stravinsky. I'm playing the alto flute part and it's really fun, just makes for really long days. Like today, I had class at 9, practiced til 12, had orchestra from 12-2, went to a masterclass with the Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet from 2-4, took the bus home and ate some toast and a diet coke and then grabbed the alto flute I left at home and went back to school, Rite of Spring rehearsal from 6-7:45 and the Berlin Phil Quintet concert from 8-10. Woof. I'm exhasted, and I will be for the next two weeks. I did find out that I have an extra week to make a recording for a competition so that's happy news but I'm still stressed out about it. I just want to sleep all the time.

Up for tomorrow- teach in Leander from 8:45 to 3:15, practice during the time I don't have students, and then go visiting teaching. At least I have The Office and Project Runway to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment